Gypsy Rose Blanchard’s ex-boyfriend, Nicholas Godejohn, is currently serving a life sentence in prison with no possibility of parole for his role in the 2015 murder of her mother, Dee Dee Blanchard.
Here’s a complete timeline of what happened:
- 2001: Gypsy Rose is born and Dee Dee starts subjecting her to unnecessary medical procedures and treatments, claiming she suffers from various illnesses, a condition known as Munchausen syndrome by proxy.
- 2011: Gypsy Rose starts connecting with people online, including Godejohn, whom she meets on a Christian chatroom.
- 2014: The couple begins planning Dee Dee’s murder, with Gypsy Rose manipulating Godejohn into carrying out the act.
- June 14, 2015: Godejohn travels from his home in Pennsylvania to Missouri, where Gypsy Rose and Dee Dee live. He fatally stabs Dee Dee in her bedroom.
- June 15, 2015: Gypsy Rose and Godejohn flee to Maryland, using Dee Dee’s stolen money. They are arrested a few days later.
- 2016: Gypsy Rose pleads guilty to second-degree murder and is sentenced to 10 years in prison. She is released in 2023.
- 2018: Godejohn is found guilty of first-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison without parole. He remains incarcerated at the Potosi Correctional Center in Missouri.
In August 2022, Godejohn filed an appeal for a new trial, claiming he had ineffective counsel during his original trial. However, his request was denied in October 2022.
Gypsy Rose’s Recent Comments:
In her 2022 Lifetime docuseries “The Prison Confessions of Gypsy Rose Blanchard,” Gypsy Rose expressed remorse for her involvement in the murder but also reiterated the abuse she suffered at the hands of her mother.
The case of Gypsy Rose Blanchard and Nicholas Godejohn is a complex and tragic one. While Godejohn remains behind bars for his crime, Gypsy Rose is trying to rebuild her life after experiencing years of abuse and manipulation.
I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.