As of today, February 8th, 2024, Princess Kate, officially known as Catherine, Princess of Wales, is recovering well at home following a planned abdominal surgery she underwent on January 17th. Here’s a summary of the latest information:
Surgery and Recovery:
- The surgery was successful, and she spent two weeks at the London Clinic before being discharged on January 30th.
- Kensington Palace reports she is “making good progress” and currently recuperating at Adelaide Cottage, her home in Windsor.
- The exact nature of the surgery is not publicly known, but it was not cancer-related and considered routine.
- She is expected to remain on an extended break from public duties until after Easter, which falls on March 31st this year.
- On February 5th, Prince William mentioned “amazing and kind” nurses caring for her during her recovery.
- King Charles III, her father-in-law, also underwent a medical procedure and was discharged from the same hospital on the same day, sparking some news coverage as both royals recovered in parallel.
- Kensington Palace website: https://www.royal.uk/the-princess-of-wales: https://www.royal.uk/the-princess-of-wales
Please note that due to her desire for privacy, details about the surgery and her recovery remain limited. However, the information above provides the latest public updates on Princess Kate’s situation.